Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fastest Cars in the World in Jerusalem

Formula 1 race cars from around the world are coming to race in the outskirts of Jerusalem in a program called "Formula Jerusalem: The Peace Road Show." Ella and I went to the Old Train Station where three of the Formula 1 cars are parked and out for display. Two of the cars you can go inside the red rope and take a picture of you standing next to it. We also saw Nascars, an English racing car, and a couple of Ferraris. All the cars I just talked about were inside a huge white tent. There were a couple of other cars outside the tent. There were go-karts that were an inch above the ground, a car that looked like a helicopter without the propeller, and a car that looked like a giant Jeep. Everyone in Jerusalem is really worried about how much traffic the race will cause because some of the roads will be blocked off for the race so that regular cars can't go on the "track." My family and I are going to line up on the sidewalk and watch the cars race and I'm sure I'll post about the race on the blog after it happens. You don't often get to see a car race in the middle of a city, and I'm very happy that I'm here for the race.


1 comment: